top of page

Additional Auto Extras

Adding extra auto coverages can range from rental car, original replacement parts, accident forgiveness and more.

Which additional auto coverages
                  do you need?

Towing and roadside service

  • Provides 24/7 roadside assistance if your car is disabled

  • Helps pay for towing, tire changing, locksmith service and jumpstarts 

Rental Car Reimbursement

  • Covers the cost of a renting a car for up to 30 days while yours is repaired

  • Arrangements and billing can be handled by Farmers  


  • Helps protect drivers for rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft

  • Provides coverage during periods not covered by company or personal insurance

Loss of Use

  • Provides a flat sum for transportation while your car is repaired

  • Can be used for public transit, rentals, taxis and rideshare services   

Guaranteed Value™

  • Pays you a defined, agreed-upon value if your car is a total loss

  • Popular option for owners of classic and collector car

Customized Equipment

  • Covers the cost to repair or replace aftermarket equipment like infotainment systems and custom wheels

  • Available on any vehicle with collision and comprehensive coverage

Glass Deductible Buyback

  • Covers windshield and glass repair and replacement

  • Low $100 deductible (the portion you pay yourself)

Full Windshield and Glass Coverage

  • Offers $0 deductible on glass repair and replacement

  • Pay nothing out of pocket

Spare Parts Coverage

  • Covers the cost to replace spare parts you keep on hand, up to $750

  • Popular choice for owners of classic and collector cars

Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)

  • Covers the cost of using factory-original parts in covered repairs

  • Available on cars up to 10 years old

New Car Replacement Coverage

  • Covers the cost to replace your car with a new one of the same make and model

  • Available when your car is totaled within the first two model years and 24,000 miles

Accident Forgiveness

  • Farmers will forgive one at-fault accident for every three years you drive without one

  • Keeps your premium from going up because of just one accident

You might also hear the term Gap Insurance. This isn’t a coverage offered by Farmers — in fact, it’s most frequently sold by car dealers during the purchase process. What gap insurance covers is the difference between the amount you owe on your car and its value in the event of a total loss. It’s worth your consideration when you borrow more than a car is worth. 

Car Storage

Working on a classic car or have a special car you only occasionally drive?  Maybe your child left their car home while they were in college?  You can put that car in Storage (meaning you don't need full coverage on it- it's never driven)  We can add Comprehensive on it with a $1000.00 deductible so that its covered if a tree or hail damage it. 

Want to take it out for a week or so?  No problem,  you may take it out of storage two times in a 6 month period.   Just give us a call and we will take it out of storage and add full coverage on it until your ready to put it back in storage, This is great for kids in college that leave their car home or if you have a car you are rebuilding and only occasionally need to drive it until its ready to hit the road full time.  This will keep your car insured, but while in storage and not be driven on a regular basis will save you a big discount on your insurance.

Not sure what all you need?   We are here to help you decide what extras are good for you and your family. We can see what kind of cars you drive to see if Original Equipment is for you, If you have more than 3 cars, maybe you don't need rental.  These are all things we can discuss what's best for you and your family.

Consultant at work
bottom of page